Yes - vault toilet located at the parking spot
Yes - free parking is available
No. Nudity not required
- Natural Beauty: The beach offers a stunning desert landscape with the backdrop of dramatic cliffs, making it a visually appealing destination.
- Seclusion and Solitude: On weekdays, the beach is relatively quiet, providing a peaceful oasis for those seeking solitude or a more private nude beach experience. Weekends can be busier but it is never out of control.
- Accessibility: Despite its remote ambiance, Vantage Beach is conveniently situated about halfway between Seattle and Spokane, making it an accessible destination for both day trips and weekend getaways. The furthest section of the beach can be reached via a well-worn path that is less than a mile long.
- Diverse Activities: The area offers a variety of activities, including sunbathing, swimming, boating and exploring trails and sand dunes.
- Water Depth: The river bottom has a very gradual incline, making it easy to enter the water. There are no steep drop-offs.
- Extreme Temperatures and Lack of Shade: The desert setting means it can get extremely hot, often exceeding 100 degrees, and there's limited shade in some areas. Spots under the giant sagebrush fill up quickly on weekends.
- Limited Amenities: Basic amenities like a vault toilet and a picnic table is available, but there are no other facilities, meaning you'll need to come well-prepared.
- Varied Terrain: The mix of sandy and some rocky areas makes a comfy blanket a must have.
- Parking Use: A Discover Pass parking permit is required to access the entire area and you will get ticketed with out one.
Get here early on weekends so you can get a prime spot with sand + shade!
Mostly locals and small groups of all ages
Mostly sand and with some rocks
Easy. Access by car and 10-15 minute walk on level ground